I like two things that birthday brings along:
1. I get to know how old I turn and spend some time thinking what I didn’t do that I should’ve could’ve would’ve done and vice versa. And then I try to make some commitments with myself to improve upon things I need to improve, and make a start-doing / stop-doing list.
2. I receive lots of birthday wishes. On Facebook even those who don’t say a single word the whole year post b’day wishes on my wall. It feels good to know that people care to wish. Then the family members, cousins and the best friends have always their eyes on b’day treat while others give presents too.
Birthday turns out to be one of the best days of life…always. Here are some thoughts I’d like to share. I try
- Not to compare my life to others’, coz I have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Not to have negative thoughts or things I cannot control.
- Not to over do, just do what keeps me relaxed.
- Not to have Envy, coz it just ruins myself. I have all I need to live with.
- Try to make peace with my past and forget issues of the past, and don’t remind my loved ones of their mistakes.
- To make time for prayers
- To tell myself that I don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- To call my friends who I haven’t seen in at least a month.
- To spend as much time with family as possible.
- To do the right thing and speak truth.
- To control my anger and keep silent. Over the time I have always regretted my words spoken in anger.
- To read as much as possible. I don’t believe everything I hear or read once. I always see things from different angles and then make up my own point of view.
- To walk at least 15 minutes daily, especially after dinner.
- To sleep 5-7 hours daily.
- Last but not the least, I try to spend money on things I need.
Thanks to all who made my day today.
p.s. Today [July 10] the friends in fun gave a surprise…and it was great, just great.