“I never get tired of the blue sky.” Vincent Van Gogh
Just at the beginning of the New Year, I embarked upon an official-cum-pleasure trip to Frankfurt, Germany, the trip I had been so anxiously looking forward to as it was my first time ever that I was going to Europe. The Deutsche Bundesbank Eurosystem had invited officials from central banks of different countries around the world. Apart from the knowledge and information that was to come through the seminar from different experts on the subject of banking supervision, the event was to serve as an international platform where people from 18 countries had gathered to meet, socialize and exchange views about each other’s homelands.
It was the best of times, and indeed the best of times! I visited lots of places and made new friends. Besides Frankfurt, I went to Mainz and Heidelberg.
Let the pictures do the talking now.
1. The moment when you watch the person going somewhere, or holding a cup of tea, and you stop to admire the way their body moves.
2. The moment when you’re literally having all the things not go in your favour, then you have one look at them,,, and then all becomes so well.
3. The moment when you want to hide simple things (smoking, using bad words etc) from them in fear that they would think badly about you.
4. The moment when the person just passes you by and you smell that pleasant scent and admire the heavens.
5. The moment when they suddenly call you up for something, you hear them talk but can’t figure out how to respond.
6. The moment when you can’t fall asleep because you’re thinking about them, then you want to sleep and then you don’t want to sleep.
7. The moment when life is getting really hectic and your schedules feel completely insane, but there is not an iota of change in your feelings about them.
8. And the moment you admire God everytime you see them.
“I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.” Jerome K. Jerome